14 Scriptures On Deliverance From Fear
Have you ever wondered if the word of God has a scripture for every situation? I believe that there is at least one verse in the Bible to help you through all the trials you may face including fear and anxiety.
I was able to overcome fear and anxiety. It wasn’t easy Overcoming Fear And Anxiety With God, but I had to fight for it and be consistent I also took practical steps.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
How Do I Get Rid Of The Spirit Of Fear?
There were a few practical steps that I took for overcoming fear and living by faith. They included reading the Bible, meditating on scripture, and daily declarations using scripture. I would search for scriptures that had to do with fear, peace, anxiety…etc., using my New Living Translation Study Bible.
I would write them down in my Bible Study Journal and would turn them into declarations that I would say daily. Those are the same scriptures that I have provided below. They have gotten me through the times that I felt like there was no hope and that I was never going to overcome.
Does Prayer Reduce Anxiety?
I can say that yes, prayer does reduce anxiety. I am living proof that me crying out to God and saying Lord take away my anxiety was one of the reasons that I was able to be victorious, God answered my prayer.
Of course, I had to do my part, but I could not have done it without the help of God. I also found that turning the scripture into prayers was an amazing experience, I wasn’t just speaking my words, I was praying the word of God back to him.
It was through prayer that I was able to answer my question…is anxiety a lack of faith? The answer that I received was yes. You may not realize it but fear is at the root of anxiety.
Anxiety comes with some physical aspects and that is the major fear and anxiety difference, but fear is part of anxiety. According to the Mayo Clinic people with anxiety disorders frequently have intense, excessive, and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations.
Fear is the opposite of faith, which is why anxiety is a lack of faith. If we are trusting and believing God to take care of us and all of our situations in life, then we should walk in peace knowing that He will do what He already said He would do. Trusting that God is a good Father that will take care of His children.
So, there is no need to fear. As you continue to meditate and read the Bible your mind will be transformed, your heart will be transformed, your life will be transformed.
Romans 12:2 NLT Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
14 Scriptures On Deliverance From Fear
Below I have listed 14 Bible verses that will help you to overcome Fear and Anxiety in your life. Declare these scriptures out loud for the enemy to hear. He cannot stand against the word of God. The Bible is our sword, use it to defeat Satan.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
- The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer. 2 Samuel 22:2 KJV
- In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Isaiah 54:14 KJV
- For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV
- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 KJV
- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13 KJV
- We are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37 KJV
- Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4 KJV
- Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6 KJV
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
- This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. Psalms 34:6 KJV
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear. 1 John 4:18 KJV
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 KJV
- Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
Bible Declarations Of Victory
As you continue to declare these scripture verses daily it will build your faith in God and you will overcome Fear and Anxiety. I find it comforting to insert my name into these verses to make it personal. We are victorious through Christ Jesus!
How Do I Pray To Get Rid Of The Fear?
Short Prayer For Anxiety
Lord, as I read and declare your word, I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me revelation and understanding. Reveal what you are saying to me through your word so that I can be free from Fear and Anxiety in the name of Jesus. Amen.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Check out my FREE Resources
Prayer For Salvation
If you are not a believer and you want to receive forgiveness for your sins or if you were a believer and you strayed away from God, repeat this prayer.
Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that You have risen from the dead and that You’re coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I’m saved; I’m born again, I’m forgiven and I’m on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. Amen.
Congratulations you are saved! Now that you have accepted Jesus into your heart, find a Bible-believing church and attend regularly, so that you can grow in your knowledge and faith in God. Pray daily, read the Bible, go to church, and tell someone that you accepted Jesus into your heart. Please email me at email@example.com and let me know so that I can pray for you.